I truly believe that your 20s is the golden age group—no wrinkles, firm and taut skin, and you feel like you own the world. How awesome, right? If only I can turn back time. I am now 41 and my skin is not as young as those in their 20s, but for someone my age, I can honestly say that my skin is still in good condition (pagbigyan niyo na!).
And why is that? I started taking good care of my skin when I was in my 20s. My skin care regimen at that time wasn’t so elaborate, but essential enough to help me plant “the seed” for better skin as a I age. Now that I am in my middle age (insert sad face here), my skin looks great.
Here are the regimens I did:
1. I used a gentle foaming cleanser that removed all my makeup and oil but did not dry out my skin. I love Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and I use it until now.
2. I never went out without sunscreen. Mine always contained either titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
3. For my occasional breakouts, I used topical treatments that contained salicylic acid.
4. I remember applying vitamin C serum all over my face to combat the effect of late nights, gimmicks, and the occasional drinking.
5. I started using an eye cream once I reached 25. I chose something that is more of a moisturizer since I did not have that many fine lines back then (huhu!). It helped me maintain a good undereye area.
Aging is inevitable, so why hasten it when you can delay it? To my Bellas in their 30s and 40s, what skin care advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Share them with us in the comments section below.
Cetaphil cetaphil.com.ph; facebook.com/CetaphilPhilippines
For more of Barbi’s makeup and beauty adventures, follow her on Instagram.
Photo by Roanne Aujero