Being constantly on the go, gel nails are perfect for me since I don’t have to worry about any chipped color for the next 2-3 weeks. The procedure is relatively simple. Like a regular manicure, you choose the color you want…
And have it applied on your nails. Unlike regular nail polish, it’s trickier to apply gel nail polish, so I always get a professional to do it for me.
The difference is in the curing stage wherein your nails are subjected to UV light.
After 30-40 minutes, you have worry-free perfectly manicured nails!
I love how low maintenance gel nails are. To make it last longer, here are tips I learned from Salon Beauvoir:
1. Choose lighter shades so that regrowth is not too obvious.
2. Apply cuticle oil on your nails to moisturize it.
3. Wear gloves when doing household chores.
4. When you want to remove your polish, do not peel it off! Peeling will ruin your nails. It’s best to have it professionally removed at a nail salon.
5. Apply moisturizing hand lotion after removing the polish to keep your nails from drying and chipping.
Salon Beauvoir Upper Ground Floor, Somerset Olympia 7912 Makati Avenue corner Santo Tomas St. Makati; (02) 904-5154 and (02) 478-7670; facebook.com/SalonBeauvoir
Photos by Roanne Aujero