Just in time for summer, I got a package from Max Factor—the Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara in Black and Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner in Excessive Aqua, plus a handy pouch to store my travel essentials.
Max Factor Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara
This mascara gives you a two-step application: a mega volumizing base and a jet-black lacquer top coat. Sounds like a goth manicure for your lashes! I tested it in opposite weather conditions—in air-conditioned malls and outdoors under the intense summer heat for over 12 hours each.
How to use:
1. Use the left side (#1 Extreme Volume) to coat and thicken your lashes. Instead of applying just on the tips, feel free to apply all over your lashes. Apply 2-3 coats and watch as your lashes thicken.
2. Let it settle or dry for about 30 seconds.
3. Apply the right side (#2 Dark Lacquer) to your lashes carefully from root to tips. Have an eyelash comb handy because it tends to clump and dry fast. Be careful not to smudge because the formula is difficult to remove. Apply two coats.
1. It added so much volume that it looked like I was wearing falsies.
2. Great for girls with sparse lashes.
3. Quick dry.
4. Great for parties, but it starts to run after hours of sweat, heat, and humidity. Just pretend it’s part of your smokey eye look.
1. Chunky and heavy packaging. Not great for travel.
2. Because of the barrel-like packaging and thick wands, it wasn’t easy to apply.
3. Because it’s quick dry, I wouldn’t recommend this to beginners. You need to apply it quickly before it clumps up and dries.
4. It’s not exactly waterproof. By the end of the scorching afternoon, I could see dark smudges on my undereyes.
5. Not for daily wear.
5. Very difficult to remove! I had to use my oil-based makeup remover and my trusty makeup removal technique to get rid of the residue. I lost a few lashes in the process.
Overall, this mascara did stay true to its promise of making your lashes look thicker. It has good intentions, but they need to iron out a few kinks.
Max Factor Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner
With six shimmering shades available, this eyeliner promises 12 hours of no smudging.
How to use:
1. Twist to the right until a right amount of crayon comes out.
2. Be careful not to over-click. There’s no way to click it back in if you overdo it.
3. Glide on your rims like your regular eye pencil.
1. Easy to glide on.
2. Strong color that pops out.
3. No need for sharpening. Just click or twist to the right to dispense more crayon.
4. Long lasting as promised!
1. You cannot twist it to the left to bring the crayon back in. If you over twist and too much crayon comes out, you have no choice but to snip it off. What a waste!
Overall, it’s a fun product to use this summer. Give your black noir eyeliners a break and go for a pop of color!
Max Factor Available in all leading department stores and beauty hubs nationwide; maxfactor.com; maxfactor.ph; facebook.com/MaxFactorPH