Over salads and fun-garitas, I remember hearing for the first time about Cure Aqua Gel and that it was Japanese women’s best-kept secret. At the time, I thought that it was like most common acne gels, used to spot treat blemishes and acne. The name was Cure after all.
Cure Aqua Gel is available at all Beauty Bar branches, P1,500 for 250g.
As it turned out, Cure Aqua Gel’s formula, comprised mainly of water (90%), is a favorite of die-hard skin care enthusiasts. After many years of waiting, Cure is now available in the Philippines and I have been able to use it for many months now. If you’ve ever felt the need to give your face a very good and thorough scrub, this article just might be for you.
- I started using this when I came back from the beach, which means I had dark and dull skin due to being under the sun for long. After two days, I saw a glimmer of glow and by the third day, I stopped using it because I had enough glow on me. Good!
- Cheryl Chua of Beauty Box (the exclusive distributor) recommended using it twice a week but since I didn’t see the need to exfoliate everyday, I opted to use it thrice a week and I am very happy with the state of my skin.
- No breakouts, no allergies whatsoever.
- Finally locally available. The product is originally from Japan.
- I get this feeling that products are better absorbed by my skin because I am now able to exfoliate more effectively than I used to as I am averse to facial scrubs.
- If the white stuff that’s coming off from your face is scaring you, don’t panic. That’s your old skin peeling off. If you’re afraid of the thought of peeling, don’t worry. Cure is just exfoliating the outermost layer of your skin.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
Cure Aqua Gel smells like alcohol (actually, I love the fact that it does) but you may not share my opinion so it might turn you off. Not to worry, it really is just water and the chemicals are only 10% of the product.
HOW TO USE:
- After washing your face, make sure your face and hands are dry.
- Pump two to four drops of Cure Aqua Gel and massage onto your face using gentle motions.
- Notice the white flakes coming off. Wash them away.
- Enjoy your newly exfoliated skin.
Have you tried Cure Aqua Gel? Share your thoughts on this product by leaving a comment below.
Beauty Bar G/F Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa, (02) 842-8350; Level 1 Unit A126 Eastwood Mall, Quezon City, (02) 706-5067; 2/F Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati City, (02) 757-5028; G/F Gateway Mall, 128-A Araneta Center Cubao, Quezon City, (02) 911-4346; 292-293 2/F SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City, (02) 556-0452; Level 1 Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City, (02) 898-2042, (02) 898-2043; 2/L Robinson’s Galleria, Ortigas Center, Quezon City, (02) 633-3541; 1/L Robinson Place Midtown, Ermita, Manila, (02) 567-2326; G/F The Podium,Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City, (02) 633-7808; Level M3 TriNoMa Mall, Quezon City, (02) 901-5560; 3/L Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City, (02) 632-7903; http://shop.beautybar.com.ph/; www.facebook.com/BeautyBarPH