We already have a facial cleanser, so do we really need makeup remover?
If you use makeup (especially heavy makeup), commute, and use sunscreen, you need to add a makeup remover to your skincare routine. This is what the product does:
1. Dissolves makeup and sunscreen
2. Breaks down oils and pollution that’s settled on your face
3. Prevents pores from clogging
4. Removes leftover eye makeup that may cause puffy eyes when you wake up, or worse, eye infections!
Here are three makeup removers I’m currently testing and loving:
Bifesta Cleansing Lotion
Best for: The working mom
What it is: A makeup remover that cleans off all the cosmetics, sweat, oil and pollution, and is also anti-aging!
• Four variants available: Sebum, Moist, Bright Up, and Age Care (in photo)
• The big 300 ml bottle is only P419.
• It’s a makeup remover, cleanser and toner!
• You don’t need to rinse it off.
• The Age Care variant cares for tired mommy skin with its anti-aging ingredients.
Bioderma Purifying Cleansing Micelle Solution
Best for: The mom with sensitive skin
What it is: A makeup remover with purifying water for gentle but powerful cleansing
• Variants are Sensibio H2O and Sebium H2O
• Free of soap and alcohol
• The special water cleans deeply yet without drying skin. It actually makes skin retain water!
• The tons of moisture make it perfect for those with dry and/or sensitive skin.
• Celeb mommies like lifestyle guru Gwyneth Paltrow and singer Adele love this stuff!
• A bit pricey at P650 for 100 ml
NIVEA Pure Effect 3-in-1 Daily Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes
Best for: The exhausted mom
What it is: Facial wipes because you already collapsed in bed
• Two variants: for Dry & Sensitive and Oily/Impure Skin
• So simple to use!
• In photo is the Oily/Impure variant, the one I use. It has Magnolia Extract, which is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
• Can be used daily
• Soft side removes make up and cleans face
• Pebbly side exfoliates and refines skin
• No rinsing needed
• A pack of 20 wipes is just P140
What are your favorite makeup removers, mommy Bellas?
Frances is a mommy to three little boys but she doesn’t let the busyness of motherhood stop her from trying to look pretty! For more on her stylish adventures as a mom, visit Topaz Mommy or follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Bifesta Available at Watson’s; www.bifesta.jp; facebook.com/BifestaPhilippines
Bioderma PCX; Watsons; leading dermatological clinics; http://dmark.ph; www.facebook.com/BiodermaPhilippines
Nivea Available at all leading groceries, beauty hubs, and department stores nationwide; nivea.ph; facebook.com/NIVEAPhilippines
Watsons Click here for Watsons’ store locator; watsons.com.ph; facebook.com/WatsonsPH
Latest posts by Frances Sales (see all)
- Review: Lancôme Absolue Yeux Eye Concentrate - May 4, 2015
- Tips for a Swimsuit-Ready Body - April 30, 2015
- Spotlight: Girlstuff Bloggers’ Elite Summer Nail Polish Collection - April 23, 2015