I agree that beauty comes from the inside. I noticed that whenever my diet is unhealthy, my skin is not as good or as clear as I want it to be. When I incorporated healthier choices in my diet, I noticed that certain fruits and vegetables really do have a positive effect on the texture and clarity of my skin.
There’s a long list of fruits and veggies that are good for us, but here are my personal top seven that made my skin look and feel healthy.
1. Blueberries. My most favorite fruit! They contain antioxidants that help ward off free radicals, which is the main cause of skin aging. Another good alternative is strawberries.
2. Carrots. Studies show that people with a higher level of carotenoids (organic pigments found in certain plants and organisms) in their skin have fewer wrinkles and lines from sun damage.
3. Citrus fruits, such as oranges. They help boost collagen in the skin.
4. Kale. I enjoy juicing kale and mixing it with apples and celery. Kale is a strong source of iron, which helps oxygenate your skin.
5. Red bell peppers. I eat these almost every day! It is very heavy on vitamin E and beta-carotene, both of which help skin retain moisture from the inside out.
6. Tomatoes. They contain lycopene, which is good for collagen production.
7. Avocados. They help reduce inflammation of the skin, one of the biggest culprits of premature aging.
What about you, Bellas? What are your favorite fruits and vegetables?
Be happy. Stay pretty.
For more of Barbi’s makeup and beauty adventures, follow her on Instagram.
Photo by Jonas Karlsson courtesy of freegrangestock.com. Featured photo from 123RF Stock Photo.